Community Projects Team
Community Projects @ Home
As you consider helping these organizations,
please let us know of your participation by sending us an email to email@example.com
· Emergency Aid Coalition – Donate men’s new boxer underwear (M, L, XL) or large tubs of peanut butter and deliver to EAC at 5401 Fannin. Also, consider buying something from their Amazon wish list and sending to them: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/25PIG4PNCK5P6/ref=hz_ls_biz_ex
· Vote Forward – Commit to sending voting encouragement letters to traditionally under-represented registered voters in Texas who are believed to be unlikely to move soon, and unlikely to vote. Create the letters now, and mail a week before the November election. More info at: https://votefwd.org/district/TXGOTV2020A
· ANSWER Nepal – Join many fellow UUs in sponsoring the education of a deserving Nepalese youth. https://answernepal.org/become-a-sponsor/
· Rutherford Yates Museum – Support 1st UU’s efforts to preserve historic museum buildings in Freedmen’s Town, Houston’s first free African-American neighborhood, by purchasing e-gift cards at Lowes (for paint and primer) and having them sent to firstname.lastname@example.org: https://www.buyatab.com/custom/lowes/?int_cmp=GiftCards%3AC%3ANoDivision%3AOther%3AShop_Gift_Cards&page=egift
· Montrose Grace Place - Support this organization directly through Amazon with the Montrose Grace Place Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/57S7HHXG0UC5/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_4?_encoding=UTF8&type=wishlist. Items can be purchased through Amazon and sent directly to them.
· SEARCH – Support SEARCH's House of Tiny Treasures that provides preschool for children whose lives have been impacted by homelessness, by donating supplies their teachers and staff use on a daily basis to provide students with compassionate care and learning opportunities. https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/24D6G6E73CX1B/ref=cm_go_nav_hz
· Ask Your College- Encourage your college to empower every eligible student to vote by writing to university presidents, administrators, deans or other campus leaders with whom you have a relationship and ask that they join the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge to support student voter registration and voting. http://fcleadership.org/ask-your-college
· Reclaim Our Vote - Help 1st UU’s Justice Coordinating Council’s Reclaim Our Vote campaign by signing up to send postcards to voters who might have been kicked off the roles to inform them and get them information on how to register in a timely way. Contact the JCC for more info: email@example.com
Please let us know if you have volunteered
with any of these organizations!
If you have other ideas, please contact the CPT at firstname.lastname@example.org