Calendar of Events & Holidays
Blood Mobile Returns to First Church
October 2, 2022
First UU will sponsor another blood drive from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm on Sunday October 2. Your blood donation appointments must be scheduled with the Blood Center at this link.
The Houston area continues to experience a critical shortage of blood. Blood donations have declined drastically since COVID-19 because the Blood Center had limited ability to partner with many of its most dependable donor sources, including high schools, colleges, and companies. Would you like to join us in helping reduce the strain on Houston-area blood product resources? You can donate if it has been 2 months since your last blood donation (June 19 was our last blood drive) and if you meet the Blood Center’s other requirements. If you meet these requirements, visit the Blood Center's website to schedule your donation.
The Blood Center will continue the following measures to assure the safety of both our donors and the bloodmobile staff:
- Mobile coach drives are limited to 2 appointments every 15 minutes.
- Mobile coach drives are scheduled for 4.5 hours to accommodate the appointment system.
- Donors are asked to make donation appointments to promote distancing.
- Blood Center staff is sanitizing every screening booth and bed in between donors.
- Stress balls given to donors during donation are now single-use to prevent the spread of germs.
- Blood Center staff have their temperatures taken prior to launching from our office.
- Blood Center staff wear face masks during the duration of the blood drive.
- Donors must also wear face masks. If they do not have one, the Blood Center will provide one.
Donors, as usual, will receive free snacks and drinks for replenishment of their energy after their donations. As an extra incentive for this drive, all donors will also receive a unique pair of socks!