Nurture your soul at our Annual Spring Nature Retreat
March 31 to April 2, 2017
Take time away from the city life and too many screens to commune with nature
Join us for the weekend – or for the day – at the enchanting Blackwood Education Land Institute, a teaching farm on a quest to model the indispensable role of sustainable food systems in all our lives. It is only about 1 hour’s drive, located very near Hempstead, Texas.
This truly magical place offers group lodging and communal meals as part of your registration. There is also room on the farm grounds to pitch a tent and sleep under the star filled sky.
· Join the Blackwood farmer, with hands on learning of organic planting.
· Sing -a-long and play music on the porch.
· Paddle board on the lake. Watch kids play.
· Take a hike while enjoying a workshop of nature drawing
· Enjoy and share stories, show & tell and S’mores around the campfire.
· This year there’ll be a Scavenger Hunt for kids & searching for natural artifacts.
· Share delicious, healthy, home-made meals.
Register at church on Sunday mornings in March or on line: www.123contactform.com/form-1356692/Spring-Retreat