We’re looking for a coordinator to guide the personal and spiritual growth of children, teens and families at our new location near Richmond TX. We are looking for a leader with great people skills, excellent organizational skills, and experience with children and adults in school settings or volunteer organizations. Our professional minister and lay leaders will be offering support for creative new directions.Working with volunteers for all programs that include Sunday morning and perhaps occasional weeknights, the family ministry coordinator will provide meaningful family activities including learning opportunities, community service and family fun. We plan to connect to the new community in the rapidly-growing Richmond-Rosenberg area.
Our church is Unitarian Universalist, which is a progressive, non-creedal faith embracing democratic values, diversity, personal growth, openness to the spiritual paths of all the world’s religions, and an active understanding of our interdependence with the natural world. (www.uua.org/beliefs/what-we-believe/principles)
We hope our applicants will have the following:
· Comfort with affirming the principles and values of our progressive faith with individuals, families, and children of all ages and descriptions (LGTBQIA-welcoming!)
· Excellent organizational skills – planning, coordinating, scheduling volunteers
· Excellent inter-personal and communication skills for working with leaders, families and the wider community
· Agility to adapt family ministry programs as needs evolve
· Knowledge of Fort Bend communities, especially the Richmond-Rosenberg area – schools, non-profit, inter-faith and/or other volunteer organizations
· Fundamental technical skills – email, Microsoft Office, social media
Required: Pass through a background check & some experience working with families and/or children and teens.
Preference: We would favor candidates who have coursework in education/social work/childhood development; bilingual and/or multicultural skills; experience in social justice / community / multicultural outreach; and social media “savvy”. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position, Thoreau Family Ministry Coordinator, reports to the Thoreau campus minister and is supported and mentored by the Director of Religious Education of our Museum District campus.
To begin, we are offering a quarter-time position with compensation starting at $15/hour for 10 hours per week. We expect this job to grow as the campus grows, expanding the programs we already have for children and teens attending Sunday morning services.
To apply email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org