Join Our Church
When you are ready, we invite you to become a member of First Church
We ask our members to:
- Be actively involved in spiritual growth
- Pay attention and participate in the life of the church
- Volunteer time, gifts and talents
- Contribute financial support
Benefits of membership
- You'll be strengthening this church, which promotes the values of religious freedom and social justice in the larger community
- You'll have more say about the direction of the church's future
- You'll have a vote in our membership meetings
- You can be nominated to serve on the Board of Trustees or to hold other key leadership positions
- You can receive the UU World Magazine, a publication of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA).
How to become a member
Complete a guest card (you'll find them in the pew pockets in the Sanctuary),
and check the box by "I am/we are ready to join." You can turn it into the office or
give it to a Sunday Greeter. We will contact you to get you started on the process.
Then you can either
- Learn about becoming a member through either attending a New U class, which happens several times each year (see the Information Table at church);
- OR look for the Welcome Team table in our fellowship hall after services on any first Sunday of a month. A Welcome Team representative will be happy to talk with you and help with the membership process;
- OR set up a personal meeting with the minister. Stop by or call the church office (713-526-5200) to make an appointment.